which means it's the perfect time to cozy up in front of the fire with a bowl of #TexasRanchLife Lonesome Pine #Beef #Chili ...It'll keep you warm and cozy on these cold winter nights!
Stem and seed chile pods. Place the pods and garlic in a heat-proof glass bowl with the simmering (not boiling) water. Cover and set aside for 30 minutes.
Heat oil in a Dutch oven or deep skillet and sauté the onion, about 10 minutes. Add Ground Beef for Chili and brown
Meanwhile, set aside chiles, garlic & ½ cup of flavored liquid and puree in blender or food processor. Discard extra liquid.
Add chile mixture, tomatoes, paprika, cumin, oregano, cumin & salt to beef, stirring well. Increase heat to low boil for 3 to 4 minutes, then reduce to simmer. Cover and slow cook for 2 to 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
tortilla chips, avocado, queso fresca, cilantro, black beans, chopped tomatoes, jalapeños, chopped onions
#ranchlife #Texasranch #beefchili #recipe #ranchcooking #ranchraised #grassfedbeef #texasbeef
Learn how to be a pro out on the range...from the basics of getting on the horse to more advanced horsemanship techniques.
A great group from Oracle...this is just before they mastered team penning!
See more pictures during the week, look at the agenda, and get more info at the Oracle page.
Meet Harry and Horace...our new miniature ponies.
These two buddies came to the ranch from a local farm that could no longer care for them. The previous owner wanted to keep the ponies together because they were such good friends, and luckily, Texas Ranch Life had an extra pasture that needed some inhabitants.
Harry is super sweet and loves to be petted by everyone...especially kids!
Horace is really pretty and a little grouchy, but he perks up once you give him some tasty carrots.
See more pictures of the dynamic duo on our Facebook Page!
A big Texas thanks! to Maersk Oil for bringing out a great group from Angola...all the way from Africa!
We had a great time showing ya'll the ranch, and hope that you enjoyed the horseback riding, skeet shooting, branding and BBQ lunch. Happy trails on the rest of your trip and come back and see us again!
-from John, Taunia, Dallas, Craig and Lacey
Moms are so important and do so much for us, and luckily there is one day a year where you can show your mom just how much she means to you...here's some ideas on how you can tell mom "thanks". (A hug wouldn't hurt either)
1. Texas Ranch Life has options for every budget...from day fishing for the family, horseback riding, a weekend getaway, the Mothers' Day package or even a customized family reunion for your matriarch and her progeny, you can even keep your options open with a gift certificate!!!
2. Whether the mother in your life is a new mom, a recent empty-nester or a mom of a mom of a mom...we have activities that appeal to all ages
3. A weekend stay at Texas Ranch Life says "thank you" to BOTH of your parents
4. It's Spring and Texas Ranch Life is bursting with new Moms! Just check out our Meet Our Horses page or our Facebook page to see all the new babies
5. Instead of giving them flowers, they can pick their own wildflowers on 1800+ acres of rolling hills
6. If they don't like picking flowers, they can pick fr
7. Our beautifully appointed ranch homes create a lovely experience for your mom and her girlfriends to have a relaxing or rowdy "girls' night"...See all 8 homes for yourself on our Lodging page!
8. We feature ranch adventures from open range horse back riding to a kawasaki wildlife tour...the perfect unique gift for a hip, active mom
9. Our luxurious, intimate homes and beautiful rolling hills provide the perfect weekend getaway for new parents...just check out our Romantic Getaway Package!
10. Lastly you can top it all off and treat Mom to dinner at our authentic Texas BBQ restaurant, the Silver Saddle Smokehouse, in historic Bellville, TX
Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott came to Texas Ranch Life for two nights a couple weeks ago while touring the Round Top Festival. They came with their two children and some friends...they were very sweet and down to earth and had a great time eating, fishing and dancing at the ranch. Best of luck with the new baby!!!
Lacey is John and Taunia's middle daughter. She graduated from the University of Texas at Austin with a double major in Marketing and Multimedia Journalism.